18 Mar Does Coronavirus compels you to embrace remote working?
Unfortunately, the coronavirus epidemic forces companies to work remotely and we want to help our partners keep their teams connected while working separately by making Microsoft Teams available to as many people as possible.
If your organization wants to get started with Microsoft Teams to support your users who work remotely or from home, use the guidance below to get up and running quickly.
IT admin guidance
- Make sure everyone has access to Teams, using the free 6-month Office 365 E1 offeror the Freemium version of Teams. Reach out to your Microsoft account team or partner if you need help.
- If you already have a subscription that includes Teams, turn it on for everyone.
- Understand how to get your organization started with Meetings in Teams.
Ready to roll out Teams to your users? Get the Customer Success Kit, which contains these great email templates:
- Use the Announcement Emailto tell users that Teams is available for them.
- Send Your First Day in Teams Emailto help users feel productive quickly.
- A few days later, send the Tips and Tricks Emailto help your users get the most out of Teams.
Share these assets and videos with your end-users to help them get started quickly:
- Watch the Welcome videoto get an overview of Teams.
- Download the Quick Start Guideto learn the Teams basics.
- Watch a series of short Quick Start videosfor a walkthrough of Teams.
- Watch the Meetings videosto learn how to use meetings in Teams.
For more, read Additional resources for supporting remote workers.
This crisis will be overcome with the utmost dedication to the guidance of specialist scientists and the Ministry of Health, but also with cooperation and mutual assistance
We are here to help!